Insurance, Services & Utilities


Contents insurance is the responsibility of the tenant, whilst the building insurance is the responsibility of the landlord. Any potential claims involving the building insurance should be notified to us immediately.

You are strongly recommended to take out your own contents policy: Landlords will not be responsible for any uninsured losses.


Council Tax

The landlord or his agents are not responsible for the payment of council tax whilst a tenant is in occupation. Most students are exempt from this charge and can obtain a certificate from their college/university. Single occupiers are eligible to pay 75% of the total council tax cost, apply direct with the relevant council.


Water Rates

The Landlord is not responsible for water, unless otherwise specified. In Bournemouth there are two water companies: Bournemouth Water for your mains supply and Wessex Water for removal of your waste water. You will be sent bills from both companies if you are liable.


Electricity and Gas

The Landlord is not responsible for electricity or gas, unless otherwise specified.